1 cup spelt flour
Water for kneading
Sea salt to taste
½ Cup cooked black bean
1 Large chopped tomato
¼ Cup sliced purple onion
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
3 Cups baby spinach
1 Cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot add coconut oil and onion and sauté for 3 minutes then add cabbage, allspice, cayenne pepper cilantro and salt, stir and cover to cook for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a blow combine spelt flour and salt, then add about a quarter cup of water and mix. Knead flour until you are able to form a smooth ball and add more water if needed. When finishing kneading the flour cover and set it to the side so if can rest.
- In a large pot add oil, onion and, tomato, sauté on medium heat until tomato becomes soft. Add black bean and water, salt and pepper and cover.
- Use a rolling pin to roll dough to about quarter inch thin, use a knife to cut dough into medium size rectangles ( big enough so you can but the cabbage in the middle).
- Put cabbage in the middle of each dough; bring dough together to form a casing for the cabbage, make small pleat like seams to seal the edge of each dumpling. Repeat the process until finish.
- Add dumplings in strew and continue to cook for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes add spinach and cook for an additional minute. Give the stew a good stir so that the dumplings and the spinach are coated in the stew and serve.