When you are making fried okras, make sure to add as much flour as possible. First you start out wet and pasty, and then you keep adding more flour until the outer layer of the okra becomes slightly powdery with flour. To get more flour on your okra, you can sprinkle a little water in between each portion of flour you add.
- In a container (that can be covered), add seasoning to the okra and mix together.
- Divide flour in about 3 equal portions. Add the first portion of flour to the seasoned okra, cover the container and shake. Let that sit for about ten minutes.
- Preheat oil in a small but deep frying pan, or anything that works for you.
- Add the second portion, cover and shake. Let that sit for about two minutes.
- Add the rest of flour and fry until crispy (about a few minutes long)