Found this chocolate fudge spread by Nikki’s a few weeks ago, it had pretty good ingredients. Not a fan of eating this fudge alone by itself. For me, it needed a little help. So, we made a little guava jelly, using the guavas left over from our previous recipe. We applied them to some rye Ryvita crackers and it was pretty good.
Very good snack treat. Recipe for the guava jelly below.
1 Teaspoon lime juice
1 Cup of agave (or sweeten to your taste)
Pinch sea salt
- Dice guavas into small cubes.
- Place guavas in a pot, with enough water to cover guavas
- Cook for 35 minutes
- Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes
- Sieve through a strainer to remove seeds, use spoon crush guavas (discard seeds)
- Add agave and salt to guava juice and cook for about 1 hour or until texture thickens
- Add lime about 5 minutes before removing guava jelly from heat.
- Remove from heat, cool for about 15 minutes (so that it is slightly warm), pour in glass container
- Let cool some more and enjoy.