Not so fast, don’t get too crazy with this stuff. This is only for those once in a while moments. You know… the occasional-ies.Sauce
2 Plum tomatoes
¼ Onions sliced
¼ Teaspoon chili powder
¼ Teaspoon cumin powder
¼ Teaspoon turmeric
Dash of basil
1 ½ Teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 ½ Teaspoon liquid smoke
2 Tablespoon agave
1 Tablespoon spelt flour ( thickening agent)
Pinch of sea salt
- Blend tomatoes in a cup of water.
- Heat agave in a sauce pot for about 2 minutes, add tomatoes juice.
- Add all spices, stir and cook for about 1 minute on medium heat.
- Add apple cider vinegar, liquid smoke and onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix flour in about ¼ cup of water until smooth.
- Add to sauce while stirring gently, cook for another 5 minutes and your done.
2 cups mushrooms sliced in trunks
1 cup spelt flour
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Oil for frying
- In a bowl sprinkle seasonings to mushroom, mix well, cover and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add flour, shake container until flour sticks to mushroom (if too wet, add more flour)
- Remove mushroom from container and let them sit for about 5 minutes or until flour is well plastered unto mushroom.
- Heat oil in a deep pot.
- Fry mushroom for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.