Once in a while, we eat a little bread, not too often because it contains yeast. I personally love bread. Here is the recipe we use to make ours. It is always better to make your own than to buy those in the stores with a million different ingredients.
5 Cups spelt flour
2 Cups warm almond or walnut milk
¼ Cup agave
1 Tablespoon active dry yeast
3 ½ Tablespoons oil
1 ½ Teaspoon sea salt
- In a large container, combine milk and yeast, mix until yeast dissolve.
- Add salt, half the amount of spelt flour, agave and oil. Mix ingredients together and then gradually add the rest of spelt flour and knead to form a thick dough (knead for about 8 minutes).
- Cover dough with light dish towel and let rise (about 1 hour)
- Place dough in a greased loaf pan, cover and let rise for about another 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.